Creating a website requires a plan that is well thought out. A good website doesn’t cut it these days—you need an amazing website to drive wanted to traffic to your site and keep the audience engaged. There are ways to take a basic site and make it magnificent. Here are some ways to do so.
- Functional Design – The design of your website is critical both for catching your audience’s attention and keeping them interested. Use white space wisely to keep the appearance clutter free. Only use quality graphics that can load quickly. Be sure the overall design is aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.
- Content Prioritization – Ensuring accurate, current, and engaging content is a crucial aspect of a great website. Your users need a good reason why they should head to your website and stay there. Draw them in with authentic, informative content. Design and content are the two most important aspects of a fantastic website.
- Ease of Use – Extending from functional design, your site must be easily navigable. Nobody will stay on a site for long if they can’t get the information they need quickly. Create obvious navigation with clear headings and keep the layout consistent throughout all pages so visual cues are easily distinguished. Users should be able to simply browse as well as complete an action easily.
- Action Items are Clear – What is the purpose of your company? Do you convey that on your site? If there is a call to action, it must be clear. Maybe your site is simply informational, and if this is the case, you likely want your readers to share articles or follow you on social media. Make that readily known and easily done. If your site is geared toward sales, make buying easy through reliable clicks and various payment options.
- Mobile Optimization – This feature cannot be overlooked in today’s website design. Most searches and actions are completed on a cell phone, therefore creating a website that isn’t optimized for mobile use is a mistake. Not only will mobile optimization of your site help drive (and keep) visitors, it also improves your SEO ranking.
- Pay Attention to Social Media Use – Social media is a great way to share your website. Make it easy (and desirable) for your visitors to share your content, possibly offering incentives for shares or tags.
- Contact Information and Location is Easily Found – Even if you’re solely an online company, it’s beneficial to have your contact information easily found. This shows engagement as well as a desire to provide quality customer service.
- Optimize for Search Criteria – This means making sure your site shows up in searches. The way to do this is with accurate page titles and meta tags, creating content with keywords that are common in searches, appropriate linking, and more.
Creating a powerful website is more than simply piecing together a main page with some pictures and text. It takes some creative design work and quality content to make a great site that will drive traffic and show up on a SERP. For the best website design in Utah, contact Utah SEO Company.